The Finance and Investment Cell of Shri Ram College of Commerce is set to host the 2023 edition of Episteme, one of India’s largest undergraduate finance festivals. The event will take place at the college’s prestigious campus on the 26th, 27th and 29th April 2023, featuring exciting competitions and intriguing speaker sessions encompassing the domains of finance, economics, and geopolitics.
Shri Ram College of Commerce, a specialised college for imparting business education at the University of Delhi, was established in 1926 and has since become the dream of every commerce aspirant in the country. As it reaches 100 years of its establishment, the college has rendered its name among the best in Asia.
Initiated in 2009, the Finance and Investment Cell of the college aims to provide a stimulus to develop financial instincts among young minds through regular workshops, events, and continued collaboration with the industry to bridge the gap between pedagogy and practice.
Episteme has a reputation for hosting world-class enthralling competitions that witness pan-Indian and even global participation; the 2022 edition of the event brought in 14,000+ participants, an achievement only a few can boast of when it comes to festivals. To carry this legacy forward, Episteme’23 comes with a roster of six captivating competitions:
- Menace at Metropolis: The flagship event under Episteme’23, Menace is a stock
market simulation with an intriguing twist meant to test the trading acumen of
newbies and veterans.
- Shri Ram Fund Face-Off: Step into the shoes of a seasoned fund manager and
navigate the storm to generate desired returns for your investors!
- Shri Ram Case Cade: Each case is a problem to solve, a story to unravel; the
participants must think critically and explore all possibilities to crack the case.
- Shri Ram Policy Battle: An amalgamation of intricate disciplines, policy brings order
to chaos. Satisfy all stakeholders to the maximum extent.
- Shri Ram Pitch(a)thon: Value creation is paramount to the world; will the sharks help
your team in this ambitious endeavour? It depends on your pitch. Sweep them off
their feet and secure their support.
- Shri Ram M&A Championship: A fundamental aspect of investment banking,
mergers and acquisitions will require the participants to do what’s best for business
after rationally evaluating all feasible avenues.
Apart from the fun element of the competitions, the Finance and Investment Cell firmly
believes that a financial fest is incomplete without contemplation of economic trends and geopolitical dilemmas. To impart experienced words of wisdom, Episteme’23 will also have an immaculate lineup of influential personalities for speaker sessions and a panel discussion.
In the past, the Finance and Investment Cell has had the honour of hosting esteemed personalities such as:
● Shri Narayana Murthy, Founder of Infosys;
● Ms Zarin Daruwala, Cluster CEO of Standard Chartered Bank;
● Mr Richard Rekhy, Former CEO of KPMG India;
● Mr Geoffrey Okomato, First Deputy Managing Director of IMF;
● Mr V. Anantha Nageswaran, Chief Economic Advisor of India;
● Ms Zarin Daruwala, Cluster CEO, Standard Chartered Bank;
● Mr Rajiv Memani, Chairman and Managing Partner, EY India,
● Mr Sanjeev Krishnan, Chairman, PwC India, among others.
The previous editions of Episteme have been collaborations with renowned corporations such as the World Bank Group, BSE Ltd., EY, Bajaj Capital, HDFC Mutual Fund, Grant Thornton Bharat, and Business Standard, among others.
Lo and behold, as you witness the greatest amalgamation of finance, economics, and
geopolitics right at the campus that has produced the leaders of countless conglomerates.
Register now through the following link: https://ficsrcc.com/episteme/